What is Elements?
Hi! I’m Eneko Azparren, trombonist and composer. I have studied at the Navarre and Paris' music Conservatories. We want to record the album Elements. This recording will consist of eight pieces of music that I have composed during the last years. They are written for different instruments of diverse styles.
Fifteen great musicians will participate in the album: Alicia Torrea, Eloy Orzaiz and Endika Gutiérrez (piano); Víctor de Andrés, Elíes Hernandis, Baltasar Perelló, Miguel Tantos and Ricardo Ortiz (tenor trombone); Stéphane Loyer (bass trombone); Íñigo Remírez de Ganuza (trumpet); Óscar Catalán (flute); Mikel Donázar and Álvaro Iborra (clarinet); Igor Urruchi (bass clarinet) and Paula Azcona (violonchello). The design of the album’s cover will be made by Martín Perkaz.
Will you help us make this dream come true?
Why do we need your help?
The main objective is covering the cost of the recording studio and the production of the CDs. The recording will be made in “Pottoko Studio” in Beasáin (Basque Country) and conducted by Fredi Pelaez.
In exchange of your help, you will have the possibility of receiving the following rewards:
The recording in CD format, with the option that your name appears on the album and social media as a token of gratitude.
If you are a member of a chamber music band, and apart from the CD you want me to write a piece of music and dedicate it to your band, it’s an option!
You can also help as a sponsor and your logo will appear on the back cover.
Handwritten scores of the two piano works, with a dedication by the composer and the two interpreters.
What will be the deadline of sending these rewards?
Although the current situation may delay the programmed deadline, the initial intention is to finish the recording around March 2021 and send the CDs before the summer of the aforementioned year. The pieces of music for the chamber music bands will be finished by the end of October 2021.
If we surpass our goal… We’ll make the project bigger!
The best thing about music is playing it and enjoying it live. That’s why if we surpass our first goal, we will set a new one consisting in making a presentation concert of the album in a concert hall in Navarre with all the musicians participating in the recording. If we also achieved this, we have more ideas on the table. As long as we attained our goals we would explain new ones in detail. Help us get this project off the ground! Be a patron of Elements! Follow our news about this campaign in my Facebook profile (if we aren’t friends yet, you can send me a request 😉):
What will you hear on the album?
1 Preludio 1 (Piano: Eloy Orzaiz)
2 Oilategia (Clarinets: Álvaro Iborra, Mikel Donázar and Igor Urruchi)
3 Olympos ( Tetrabone trombone quartet: Baltasar Perelló, Ricardo Ortiz, Elíes Hernandis and Stéphane Loyer)
4 Arpeggione (Violonchello: Paula Azcona. Piano: Eloy Orzaiz)
5 Preludio 2 (Piano: Alicia Torrea)
6 Six for two (Trumpet: Íñigo Remírez de Ganuza. Trombone: Víctor de Andrés)
7 Elements (Flute: Óscar Catalán. Piano: Alicia Torrea)
8 Eztabaida (Trombone: Miguel Tantos. Piano: Endika Gutiérrez)
- I obtained my Masters Degree in Trombone at Navarra Higher Conservatory with Miguel Sansiñena, completing the degree with honours and end of degree special distinction award (2002).
- I specialized in bass trombone with Stéphane Loyer; bass trombone player of the RTVE Orchestra. I was admitted to the National Higher Conservatory of Music and Dance of Paris (2002), subsequently receiving a grant from the Government of Navarra. In Paris I studied bass trombone with Claude Chevaillier and Olivier Devaure, achieving a DFS, Diplôme de Formation Supérieure (Higher Education Qualification) in bass trombone with the qualification of ‘Mention très bien’ (Excellent mark) (2007).
- After working on various compositional aspects with Gorka Pastor, Ion Celestino and Javier Olabarrieta, I started my Composition Studies at Navarra Higher Conservatory (2016), studying with Maxi Olóriz, Jaime Berrade and Joseba Torre, among others.
- Along with the Navarra Higher Conservatory Orchestra and under the direction of Jesús Echeverría, I premiered my work Tronboi baxua for bass trombone and orchestra (2004).
- I participated as a trombonist with the Euskadi Orchestra in the opening concert of Mike Oldfield's album Music of the spheres; held at the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, under the direction of Enrique Ugarte (2008).
- I performed under the baton of the conductors Krzystof Penderecki and Pierre Boulez.
- I made the arrangements for the concert Brass on Broadway, commissioned by the VI edition of Tubala Brass Week (2018).
- Commissioned by Euskal Herriko Txistulari Elkartea-Nafarroa (The Basque Country’s Association of Txistularis) I made two arrangements for the 60th edition of the Alarde de Txistularis in Pamplona (2019) and composed the piece Oroimenak for its 61st edition (2020).
- I was a member of Euskal Herria’s Young Orchestra (EGO). I have collaborated with La Pamplonesa Band, Bilbao Municipal Band, Navarra Symphony Orchestra, Euskadi Orchestra, RTVE Orchestra, Community of Madrid Orchestra, Extremadura Orchestra and Córdoba Orchestra, amongst others. I was also a member of the Municipal Band of Vitoria-Gasteiz (2016-2018).
- I composed the work Kolore Zortzikoa, commissioned by the VIII edition of Tubala Brass Week, which was released by the metal group Euskadi Brass (2020).
- I am a founding member of Pamplona Brass Quartet and of the group Superacid.
- At the present time I am a trombone teacher at the music schools of Berriozar, Ansoáin and Aranguren, Navarra.
Aupa Eneko! Mucha suerte con este proyecto
¡Muchas gracias Marie, Pedro Luis y Miguel Ángel!
Miguel Ángel Legaristi Arrizabalaga
No hace falta agradecimiento en redes. Gracias
Pedro Luis Ciordida
Apoyando a un buen músico
Eskerrik asko proiektua babesteagatik, Jokin! Ea laster diska entzuterik duzun!
Zorte on artistaa!!!
Eskerrik asko proiektua babesteagatik, Fardeljauna, 8makukas eta Iñigo! Ea proiektuak aurrera egiten duen eta laster entzun dezakezuen!
¡Muchas gracias por apoyar el proyecto, Koki! ¡Esperemos que salga adelante y lo puedas escuchar pronto!
Zorte on kapi