Ludwig and Johanna, a cinematographic proposal that will bring you closer to an unknown Beethoven.
We have shot “Ludwig and Johanna”, a short film about Beethoven and his sister-in-law Johanna. The story narrates the fight between them for the custody of Karl, Johanna's son and Beethoven's nephew.
It is an intimate vision, completely different from all the approaches to the figure of the myth of music made previously and that coincides with the 250th anniversary of his birth.
Shot in the beech woods of northern Segovia, in a snowstorm, it presents a personal and impeccable aesthetic at all levels.
We need your help for its national and international distribution!
So far "Ludwig and Johanna" has been financed without public aid, only with private contributions. The project is now beginning its journey through a Spanish distributor that is also committed to its international projection.
And this is where your patronage comes into play, to defray the costs of distribution and participation in film festivals and platforms.
As soon as your help is enlisted, the rewards delivery will start automatically.
● To all of you who collaborate with our project, we will appreciate your contribution through Facebook.
● You can also enjoy a frame from the short film, with the beautiful snowy landscapes of Ríofrío de Riaza (Segovia), printed on photographic paper.
● Among the rewards is the movie poster printed on high quality paper.
● One of the most special rewards is a digital access to the soundtrack of the short film, composed by Raúl Gómez-Zurdo, which includes piano songs and also contemporary music inspired by the work of Beethoven.
● Also, depending on your collaboration, you can exclusively access the short film from your own home.
● In addition, you can enjoy access or VIP access to the preview, which will take place in the cinema between December and January. The date and place will be specified soon.
● And why not? Get exclusive objects related to the project, such as a fantastic t-shirt with the poster of the short film:
● Or an original puzzle from a frame!
● You can even get a great Bluetooth speaker with a still from the short film!
If possible, we will deliver the t-shirts, the puzzles and the Blue-tooth speakers at the première.
The tutorial about cinematographic direction or interpretation in front of the camera will take place in Valencia face-to-face, or on-line. No previous experience is required.
We are a film production company from Valencia, embarked since 2019 on this intimate and risky project about Beethoven.
Despite the prevailing difficulties, we have managed to move it forward with a lot of work and private support.
The effort has been worth it, since the artistic result has great quality.
For us, the project is very exciting and we want it to reach a large audience.
We firmly believe in the power of culture and Beethoven represents that, the love for culture, life and the human being.
This project could never have been accomplished without the enormous effort of the snow-covered film crew and collaborators who have believed in it from the beginning.
I am Raúl Gómez-Zurdo, screenwriter, composer and director of this short film, and I take this opportunity to send all of them a kiss from the heart for their unconditional support.
What will your contributions be dedicated to?
"Ludwig y Johanna" has been distributed to national and international festivals for a month and we need your help to be able to continue distributing it for at least a year.
With this participation in festivals, we will be able to opt for prizes and promotions that allow us to recover part of the money invested, also coming from patrons.
Between December 2020 and January 2021, depending on the current complex situation, we are planning a preview at the cinema.
Once the Verkami campaign is over, you will receive the rewards.
Follow us on our Facebook page: "Ludwig and Johanna"