What is 'FOLIAGE'?
This is a 4 track EP in which I've stepped out from my usual acoustic guitar/vocals format to arrange and produce the songs for a larger group, including drums and bass, electric guitars, piano, percussion, backing vocals, a brass trio a string quartet... For this occasion I wished to bring to life all the sound colours and textures I had in my mind.
Take a listen to the same song bit in acoustic and 'foliage' version, so that you can have an idea:
[Soundcloud item unavailable]
That's why the EP is called ‘Foliage’.This is also illustrated on cover, which is a painting by the artist Toby Rainbird-Webb created specifically for this project.
To make honoer of the bright and colourful character of the record, we're going to officially release it on March the 20th,celebrating the Spring Equinox.
Who are we?
More than 20 people, including musicians, sound engineers, artists, etc. have collaborated in the project so far.
Guillem Mitchel: Vocals and guitars
Pol Maresma: Bass
Narcís Corominas: Piano
Pere Foved: Drums
Sarah Loveridge: Violin and viola
Dury Loveridge: Cello
Pol Padrós: Tenor Sax
Leo Torres: Trumpet
Darío García: Trombone
Chloe Tyghe: Vocals
Lauren Bradford: Vocals
Jose Cattaneo: Percussion
Jose Cattaneo: Recording and mix
Juanjo Alba: Recording
Dominic Bayley-Clay: Recording
Pol Maresma: Recording
Pete Maher: Mastering
Victor Partido: Aclam Records
Marcel Cavallé: guitar tech at Aclam Records
With your support you can also become a collaborator!
About the rewards
we've designed very interesting rewards. There are packs for all budgets with an excellent quality/price ratio.
- You can find the EP in digital or physical edition.
- There are two special editions for this campaign patrons only'
- All the rewards will be dedicated and signed personally on the website and the special brochure included with the EP.
- There are exclusive items including high quality framed posters, t-shirts, notebooks, launch party tickets, private concerts... All sorts!
What are we going to invest the money raised in?
Most of the artistic production is now finished (recording, mixing, mastering, artwork...).
We'll invest your contributions in the executive side of the production, which is essential for a music project. In a way you'll become producers!
- First edition of cds and merchandise
- Music video
- PR campaign (to make a booze about the release, interviews and reviews in music magazines, radio airplay, publishing, social media, etc.).
We'll keep all of you who take part posted about the news related to the project, the stages and deadlines of the production, all interviews, reviews and everything else related to the PR campaign.
- We'll run the crowdfunding campaign from late November/December to mid January.
- From late January to March we'll lead the PR campaign and produce the music video.
- The EP release is due on the 20th of March coinciding with the Spring Equinox.
All the patrons will receive their EP in digital format exclusively 2 weeks before the release.
All the other rewards will be sent or handed - depending on the pack - to the patrons after the release.
Nine Volt Leap Studio