She tried to leave the forest, but the forest was inside her. One day I wrote down this sentence on paper, it was the seed of Heart project. After passing through the Professional Meeting of Short Film's Producers and Scriptwriters, 'Comunidad de Madrid' gave us a production's grant for our production company Zerkalo Films.
She and the forest shares the story's spotlight. A forest without roads or paths where trees intertwine their tops and roots to form a single whole, an organism. And although she does not know, she is part of it now. Now, like everything what can live there, she depends on where fears are born and die, the Heart.
Susana Abaitua (Vitoria). She has participated in several films: La buena nueva, Best Actress award at the Cinema Festival of Toulouse Midi-Pyrenees, Bon Appétit, Stockholm and Faraday. She has performed in TV series such as Cuéntame cómo pasó, Isabel, Caperucita Roja, Vida loca, Homicidios, Vida loca, etc... Best Actress award at the Medina del Campo Cinema Festival for the short film Tight, she has also been part of numerous plays as Naturaleza muerta en una cuneta, Larruzz Award for Best Actress, La Llamada, La Flaqueza del Bolchevique (now in theaters), etc...
Zerkalo Films is a producer and distributor company set up by Andres Diaz, Hector Dominguez, Gonzalo Recio and Sergio Martinez. Heart is its fifth short film project. Before, Echoes, got over thirty official selections in festivals around the world (Aguilar de Campoo, Huesca, PNR, Dokufest, Duhok,...), winning awards as the "Jinete Ibérico" to the best first film at the Huesca International Film Festival. Soon to premiere will be El Pozo, starring by Aitana Sanchez Gijon and supported by the government of Spain.
What we allocate your contributions
Your contribution will be used entirely to cover expenses of post-production (film and sound editing, color correction, mixing, subtitling, DCP's). In addition the costs of the crowdfunding campaign itself will be covered. And if we reach the stated goal, we will use your contribution for the short film's distribution.
With your contributions you will make Heart beats stronger and you will get:
1) We appreciate your contribution on the Heart website and social networks (Facebook, twitter, ...). As well as a kiss / hug our director.
2) You can watch Heart HD on-line with a password that we provide you. Also we will send an exclusive postcard, you choose the dedicated frame.
3) You will get Heart DVD in your home (Peninsula free shipping). In addition we will send you the script of the film in PDF or printed with a dedication.
4) We invite you and a guest to the premiere of Heart in Madrid (travel not included) where you will see your name on the big screen in the acknowledgments.
5) You can have breakfast every day with Heart mug of and watch online with a password the previous short film our director Sergio Martinez, Echoes.
6) You will wear the Heart T-Shirt (available in all sizes and Península free shipping). Also you can meet in person (or skype) with the director so you can discuss various topics relating to the development and production of the project.
8) Heart associate producer and weekend accommodation (two people) in Orbaitzeta to know the locations guided by Itarinatura (travel not included).
The shooting took place in October in the surroundings of Orbaitzeta and Irati's Forest (Navarra). Right after, we started the post-production. The national premiere will be at the Short Film Festival of Madrid, to be held in April.
After finishing the campaign, we will contact each patron to deliver postcards, mugs, t-shirts and woods. DVD and viewing will be provided after the premiere. All other rewards will be delivered as soon as possible.
To keep up with our updates, developments or to maintain contact and continue working on this project that makes us so excited, visit:
Don't forget to promoting the campaign! Share it with friends and family!
Don' t hesitate this project, Heart, will beat faster thanks to people like you.
Written and Directed: Sergio Martínez | Production Manager: Andrés Díaz
Cinematographer: Michal Babinec | Sound Designer: Sergio López-Eraña
Film Editor: Álvaro Giménez Sarmiento | Art Direction: Carmen Albacete
Costume: José Antonio Gigante | Make-up and Hairdressing: Alba Martínez
Assistant Director: Carlos Mora | Second Assistant Director: Nacho A. Villar
Line Producer: Víctor Trigueros | Assistant Producer: Luis Cuenda
Assistant Producer: Itsaso Bon | Assistant Camera: Sules García
Second Assistant Camera: Adrián Álvarez | Machinist: Jacobo Anastasi
Steady-Cam: Bernardo Rossetti | Assistant Film Editor: Mª José Villanueva
Post-Production Coordinator: Sara Raya | Still Photographer: Mercedes Haussmann