WE WANT TO
Edit a booklet with around twenty sculptural projects based on the sea, done by artists who are involved with tallerBDN and these are designed for coastal cities or towns, promenades or landscape.
This book would become part of a collection that was started in 2010:
- "HISTÒRIA D’UNA IL·LUSIÓN”(HISTORY OF AN ILLUSION)
- "16 ESCULTORS" (16 SCULPTORS)
- "DE MAR, 17 * projectes escultòrics" (17 sculptural projects for the SEA)
And in the near future:
4. "25 * ESCULTORS" (25 SCULPTORS): A catalogue containing the work of the sculptors from tallerBDN who will organise an exhibition at the Vila Casas Contemporary Art Foundation in Palafrugell and another in Badalona in 2012.
5. "5 BECATS" (5 SCHOLARSHIP HOLDERS): Promoting the work of the young scholarship holders at tallerBDN, in particular we would like to highlight the work of: Raúl Hernández, Lucía Retamosa, Xandra Sans, Gerard Ballester and the person chosen by the judges in 2012.
N.B: 17 *, 25 * are estimated figures.
THE BOOKLET : "DE MAR, 17 SCULPTURAL PROJECTS OF THE SEA”
The sea is the main theme of all the projects
Attain one of the main objectives established by the tallerBDN centre on the creation, production and promotion of sculpture. We want to turn the 'DE MAR, 17 projectes escultòrics' booklet into the business card of these designs to present them to all the municipalities along the coast, to publicise them and offer alternative types of public sculpture for the squares, promenades and coastal scenery in these municipalities.
'DE MAR, 17 projectes escultórics' will include:
- Three introductory texts that are supervised by a representative of the Badalona city council, the director of the tallerBDN and a landscape gardener.
- One project of each sculptor.
- Two photographs of each project, one of the whole piece and the other in more detail, with the title, measurements, scale and materials.
- Brief descriptive texts on each project written by the sculptors themselves.
- One version in catalan and spanish.
The two booklets edited in 2010, '16 ESCULTORES 'and' HISTORIA DE UNA ILUSIÓN', designed by La Page, determine the layout and the style of the collection that we would like to put together.
La Page will be in charge of the design once again and Dolores Giménez will be in charge of the photography.
If we get more revenue we would edit a print edition in DIN-A5 format with approximatelly 48 pages in full color (700 copies printing). Those copies would be delivered to municipalities of the mediterranean coast.
"DE MAR", WHY?
The reason behind it all
2011 commemorates the centenary of the 'Temporal de les desgràcies' (storm of misfortune) when 150 people lost their lives in the Mediterranean Sea, 11 of whom were from Badalona.
Inspired by the historian and great-granddaughter of one of those who died in the shipwreck, Montserrat Rectoret, a committee was set up to commemorate this tragedy. This committee has asked tallerBDN to help build a monument to commemorate the centenary of the shipwreck of 1911.
11 sculptors from tallerBDN volunteered for the job and in one month, they designed 14 sculptural projects.
The tallerBDN is a workshop of sculpture workshops located in Badalona that was set up in 2005. “HISTORIA DE UNA ILUSIÓN" covers our track record which is rounded off in the ACTIVITIES REPORT 2010.