MIAU is an International Urban Art Exhibition that will take place in the historical center of Caldes de Montbui next Saturday 29 September 2012. MIAU is a sociocultural dynamization project that expects to encourage creative participation of several social agents by collaborative and artistic projects in public space. MIAU is a revolutionary and committed art that intensifies the relationship between space and people. MIAU is an alternative space tool to enjoy and reinvent the uses of spaces associated with thermal waters: in disuse, forgotten or in process of conversion. MIAU is a process that creates synergies between different agents helping to create connections, emancipate and decentralize cultural projects in the metropolitan and peripheral area. Do MIAU with us for the 5th edition of the project!
WHAT IS MIAU?
MIAU is the International Urban Art Exhibition of Caldes de Montbui that presents contextual and communitarian art practices to question and rethink the main axis which gives sense to the exhibition: thermalism and the uses associated with public washing places. During a whole day, this ephemeral and comitted art performs projects on thermal waters through concepts such as memory, the intensification of relationships between people, giving voice to invisibilized groups, the transference of life histories and daily knowledge, rediscovery of the heritage, the gender question, the sustainable mobility and the reinvention of uses contributing to the inclusion of different local groups and reverting the gaze of the public becoming an active user of the spaces of the exhibition. MIAU leaves an open door to new possibilities of thermal water public use, run by private management by local tradition, thereby organizing a night group thermal bath in one of the washing places as a closing party.
WHEN WILL THE PROJECT TAKE PLACE?
Saturday 29 September 2012.
- Decentralization of culture and creative projects within the metropolitan area of Barcelona.
- Revindication of thermal water public use understood as a cultural heritage, therefore common.
- Recover quotidian experiencies in local spaces either under-used or touristified.
- Change the perception of the local environment often unknown by the own inhabitants.
- Revindication of public thermal baths.
- Reinvention of relationships between people and public space by generating and proposing new uses.
- Be a loudspeaker/breeding ground for emergent projects and art groups that make themselves known and become emancipated from the exhibition.
- Create connections within the context of the Vallès.
- Foster public art as a tool of socio-spatial transformation.
- Recovery of art within its languages (visual, performative, collaborative) as a ludic, critical, transformation and committed tool.
WHO ARE WE?
MIAU is organized by the Thermalia Museum of Caldes de Montbui and Mississippi Productions as an independent collective. Together we are MiauCrew.
WHY GIVE SUPPORT TO MIAU THROUGH VERKAMI?
This year budget for MIAU is not enough to guarantee and satisfy the necessities of remuneration of the artists, production and organization of the exhibition. Crowdfunding will help to cover expenses from:
- Participation (awards)
- Production (welcome dinner for the artists, thermal bath, edition of the catalog)
- Organization (commission, diffusion, management, image)
HELP US TO MAKE THE 5th EDITION OF MIAU
(Rewards will be collected preferably the day of the MIAU at the Thermalia Museum. In case it is not possible the patron will have to contact with the organizers to solve the formula to collect or send the rewards.)