(Chapter I: Cuba)
The planet faces one of the biggest environmental problems of its history:The fast and progressive loss of its biodiversity.
But, what do we really lose?
A great amount of species are on their way to extinction.How do they live, what does threaten them, what makes them so extraordinary and necessary? That's what this documentary is about.
Let's follow these animals to their kingdoms, which are disappearing.
Let's listen to what these faces say from the very heart of Nature.
We don't want to keep on being just spectators of the destruction of life in our Planet.
The possibility of counting on audiovisual materials, which have such a great impact, makes us contribute to the task of caring about biodiversity.
That's why we started the beautiful adventure of documenting the life and habits of these species, which are an example of the existent problem. This way, we will propitiate an approach to this wonderful natural world that we must protect.
This documentary is aimed at children and young people because environmental education must be addressed to them to a large extent.They are the inheritors of the planet and the responsibility of educating them is ours.
Faces on their way to extinction intends to be a didactic tool aimed at those new generations. That's the reason why the documentary will be delivered for free at every school located within the natural parks where the species will be filmed and in other schools, taking into account our resources.
With a duration of 47 minutes and recording in a Full HD format, this documentary the FIRST one of a series that will illustrate important moments in the way of life of animals on their way to extinction and the threats they face in several regions of the planet.
For this first chapter we have chosen 8 species of different surroundings and behaviors, but all of them threatened and only found in certain places of Cuba.
2-La Ferminia de Santo Tomas,
3- Zunzuncito o Pájaro mosca,
5-Majá de Santa María,
6-Ranita E. Symingtoni Schwartz,
7-Natalus Primus o Murciélago de oreja de embudo grande,
9.Mariposa de cristal, Greta cubana.
10. Pez ciego, Lucifuga dentata.
The species that will be filmed/their location:
The Documentary will have subtitles in English
- A card with an image of one of the filmed species with signature and dedication, limited edition, only for Verkami's sponsors.
- Digital downloading of the documentary in HD, 10 days before publish in the Internet
- Your name will be in the credits as patron of the arts.
- Stickers "Faces on their way to extinction"
- A pen personalized with the project's logo
- A DVD of the documentary "Faces on their way to extinction"
- Invitations to the premier, in Cuba, of the Documentary "Faces on their way to extinction" in June, 2019 (Pre-Premiere only for patron of the arts of Verkami and sponsors) and cocktail afterward.
- Your name will be in Special Acknowledgements
- A Photo of 30cm x 40cm of one of the filmed species, limited edition, only for patrons of the arts of the project, with the author's signature and dedication. -**DVD of the documentary "Faces on their way to extinction" plus extras of the shooting process.**
- Poster A3 of "Faces on their way to extinction"
- Sheet "Faces on their way to extinction"
- T-shirt personalized with the project's logo -**A meeting in exclusive with the producers**
- Mention as ASSOCIATED PRODUCER in the credits
- Complete Collection of postcards with filmed species (9 postcards)
- Personalized cap with the Project's logo
- Personalized jar with the Project's logo
- Personalized key ring with the project's logo
- Night for two people (PAID) in private hostelries in Matanzas or in Ciénaga de Zapata Natural Park/ Shared Double Room/ breakfast included (only valid for 2019)
- Inlay of the logo of your center, association, business or organization in the final credits of the Documentary.
- Shared copyright for reproduction, distribution and nonprofit exhibition on the documentary for educational purpose, promotion of the environment's protection and presentation in events on Nature's conservancy, always mentioning the authors and prohibiting the edition or the mutilation of the material.(Valid until December 31st, 2023).
- Meeting and photos in exclusive with the producers.
Dany Hernández Hernández, photographer and producer of audiovisual materials on nature since 2000.I have produced documentaries in an autonomous way for theSoap opera House of Cuba, CubavisiónInternacional, for the company Flora and Fauna of Cuba, Ministry of Tourism in Varadero, the National Park Cíénaga de Zapata, The chain Palmares and Commercial RTV.
Among the materials we must mention: Laguna de Maya (Maya Lagoon) (Best Documentary Reward in Festival Image of Nature Rosa Elena Simeón 2010 and Best Photography in the Festival Yumurí 2011), El Ermitaño (The Hermit) (Grand Prize to Best Sound track, Best photo in Festival Yumuri 2011), El Regalo (The Gift) (Grand Prize to Best Sound track, Best Photography, Reward Opera Prima in Festival Yumuri 2010).
Maylin Rodríguez Rubial, Bachelor of Microbiology, member of the Zoological Society of Cuba, the National Program for the conservation of bats in Cuba. Active collaborator of the project (CUBABAT) and of the Speleological Society of Cuba
We have been compiling information, writing up the script, designing the strategy of production and filming in some close locations (National Park Ciénaga de Zapata and Loma del Palenque), but we need help to finish off the filming.
The help will be aimed at:
- Aspecialized equipment's renting
- Lodging, feeding and transportation
- Purchase of the rights of exclusive music for the documentary
- Hiring of a specialist of Post Production (correction of colors, graphic effects)
- Production of DVD copies of the Documentary “Faces on their way to extinction” for schools and social centers
- Design and production of promotional material
- Expenses of the premiere (renting a location for the premiere, cocktail, printing of invitations and vinyl poster)
- Expenses of production of rewards
- Expenses of production of the presentations of the Documentary in several natural parks
2018 / November to December
-Final revision of the script
- Request for permissions
- Coordination with natural parks
- Consignment of a part of the rewards (Collection of postcards, personalized T-shirts, personalized Jar, Poster 30cm x 40cm, coordination with sponsors, booking of Cuban hostelries and dates)
2019 / From January to April
- Filming in 6 locations:National Park Ciénaga de Zapata, Sierra del Rosario, National Park Guanahacabibes, Refuge of fauna Laguna de Maya, Hill El Palenque and National Park Turquino
- Creation of exclusive music for the documentary
2019 / From April to June
- Post Production:Edition, correction of color, sound track
- Press conference in Matanzas, Cuba
- Pre-premiere of the Documentary in Matanzas or at the National Park Ciénaga de Zapata, Cuba (only patron of the arts of Verkami, sponsors and representatives of the natural areas involved) and cocktail
Fulfillment and sending of the rest of the rewards (Credits, especial acknowledgements and logos in the documentary and also advertisements, consignment of the DVD with the documentary)
2019 / From July to December
- Public presentation of the documentary "Faces on their way to extinction" at natural Parks and schools, especially the ones located in these natural areas.
- Gratuitous distribution of DVD copies and other formats of the documentary in schools and libraries of these natural areas.