SOO Sensitive - where pleasure meets design.
SOO Sensitive is a new concept to do oil massages in a more playful and intuitive way.
- Eliminate contractures
- Relieve muscular pains
- Reactivate blood flow
Further than its calming effects, SOO Sensitive stands out for the aim to connect people through corporal contact. And also...
- Dedicating more time taking care of yours.
- Knowing better your body.
- Connecting with your partner in a different way.
¿Why SOO Sensitive?
SOO Sensitive is born from the need to reconnect physically with people, in a society where everything happens so fast, and we take much more attention to our phones rather than our beloved ones.
¿What makes SOO Sensitive different?
1. Playful and intuitive design
It is an inclusive product, easy to use for everyone, especially for those who are not familiarized with giving massages.
2. Contain and ration the body oil:
In the same design, it can contain, ration and do the massage. This offers a much more comfortable experience and it allows controlling the quantity of the oil.
3. Impregnate easily
The use of a non-varnished wood facilitates its oil absorption, offering a permanent moisture and an easy impregnation to all the body.
¿Where and how to give a massage?
The back, neck, shoulders and legs mainly, using the wooden part. Press and move it in small circles, always remembering to do go from up to down, and from the interior to the exterior of the body.
¿How did the project start?
SOO Sensitive started at the mid-2016, in an academic context, where the objective was to design a new solution to potentiate the use of organic oils. Therefore, we suggested a project that offered cutaneous, corporal and spiritual care thourgh them.
¿What benefits do the organic oils has on the skin?
SOO Sensitive comes along with a sample of Anti-Stress body oil by Alqvimia, elaborated with almond oil combined with citrus and lavender extracts, with the following properties:
- Hidratant, very good for dry skin and hair.
- Antioxidant, due to the vitamin E, it keeps the skin in a perfect tone.
- Anti-inflammatory (relieves acné or herpes)
¿How to prepare it?
1. Fill it
Put some oil in the wooden part until all the surface is covered with oil. Notice that a big part of the oil might be absorbed by the wood, especially during the first use.
2. Close it
Screw the two pieces until it's completely closed, to avoid oil leakage.
3. Pour it
Turn it around and pour some drops on the massaging area. The first use might take some seconds until the oil pours down.
Turn it around again and start the massage with the wooden part. You can start at the shoulders and keep moving around the back. Press and move it with small movements, letting it rotate freely in your hand.
- It is recommended that the person who receives the massage has the skin clean. A massage session after a bath would be ideal since it would permit a good absorption of the oils.
- Accommodate the environment, to be more relaxed and comfortable.
- Having a small towel to remove the oil excess in case there are some when having finished the massage.
We have selected natural materials that offer a good thermal sensation on the skin. Also, the different curvatures of the two parts allow different functionalities:
- Wood: Transmits warmth, ideal for relaxing massages. Do wide and spread movements around the body, especially on muscular areas.
- Ceramics: At first, it transmits freshness, but it gets warm very quickly due to the contact with the body. Ideal for descontracturant. massages. Apply it on specific spots with muscular pain, such as the neck, shoulders or the back.
Take it away wherever you want!
SOO Sensitive is small and lightweight, perfect to be easily carried around. It fits in a small handbag, and you can even take it with you on a trip! Also, it comes with a small bag to keep it together with the oil.
Local and craft production
All the production of SOO Sensitive is done in Catalunya, in a completely crafted. Encouraging the **sustainability and the local business is a priority to maintain a quality product!
SOO Sensitive X Alqvimia
We collaborate with the cataln cosmetic brand Alqvimia, offering their 100% organic Anti-Stress body oil.
It is elaborated with almond combined with extracts of orange, lemons, lavender, marjoram, aranja, and petitgrain. It helps distress and relieves tensions.
Rafa and Marina tell us how was their first experience with SOO Sensitive.
- Gemma Izumi, designer of de SOO Sensitive. In charge of all the creative and communicative areas of the project. Studied product design and industrial design engineering in Barcelona.
- Koldobika Gotikoetxea, production support. In charge of the development, operations and management of the project. Studied industrial design engineering and an MBA in Barcelona and Bilbao.
What are we going to spend your contributions to
The first and last objective of this campaign is to finance the production of this design to make the project a reality and commercialize it.
- Production of the first series of 200 units minimum.
- Model, mould and matrix for the ceramic part.
- Equipment and tools for the wooden part fabrication in lathe.
- Prototypes for both wooden and clay parts
- Packaging fabrication
- Communication and audiovisual production
- Production, and package of the 200 units
About the rewards
The SOO Sensitive's packaging includes a saple of Alqvimia Anti-Stress body oil and a litthe bag to carry it all.
This sample will only last for one or a couple of massage sessions, so we also offer the 30ml size in a separate reward.
For events, shops, or other businesses like Spas, we offer the 10 o 20 units pack, with the possibility to customize SOO Sensitives through a different glaze or including the logotype of the company in the packaging.
We have already started the production! The initial 50 earlybird units will be delivered before Christmas, and we estimate that until the firsts 200 units, we will also be on time to deliver them before Christmas.
**¡With your support, you will contribute to making this project real, which will only be able through the collective participation of all of us! **
Keep updated with the latest news and follow us on:
Alqvimia Store & Spa Muntaner
Audiovisual production: Reversible Film