An approach to the Dictionary ... The Idea
The Ideological Personal Dictionary contains an ordered collection of over 500 texts, despite the innocent appearance of a dictionary, it talks about the divine as well as the human, through a divers palette of styles and formats: ranging from the poem to the short stories, passing through the outcry, the essay and even some theatrical dialogue. It is ultimately a personal work (very personal), certainly ideological (though is not its main purpose)... and it has certain aspects of a dictionary.
If I had to define it in two words: "conceptual literature", or something very similar.
An approach to the Dictionary… The Object
The Ideological Personal Dictionary has been written in Spanish and will be released in two formats:
a) Digital (e-book), which can be purchase in three formats: ePub, Mobi for Kindle or PDF.
b) Paper (format of 16.5 x 24 cm, one ink, print paper of 90-100 g, 280 pages). Will be available in two different bindings: paperback (softcover, cardboard with flaps, 230-260 gr) or hardcover.
Why a crowdfunding project?
The idea is that through the individual contributions of many people (that's what crowdfunding is about) one can better finance the publication and distribution of the book, without the need of personal loans or banks assistance.
What is the goal?
• The goal is, within 40 days, to collect the amount of 3.176 euros.
• The period to receive the contributions from the patrons begins on November 24, 2014 and ends on January 2, 2015.
• In case of exceeding the amount we have set as target, we can increase the number of copies being printed and improve the distribution of the book.
• If the target amount is not reach, the book won’t be printed and the contributions of he Patrons will be return.
What contributions will go to?
• Correction of style, the design and layout, printing, binding and delivery of books to the Patrons will account for approximately 93% of production costs.
• Verkami, the platform through which we do this crowdfunding project, gets 5% of the transfers.
•The payment platform that will be used to secure the Patron’s contributions gets about 2% of the transfers.
What someone who wants to support the project as Patron should do?
You select one of the rewards that can be found at the right side of the page, fill in the fields, and is already. In less than one minute you have directly contributed to make this publishing project possible. The contributions will only be collected if we reach our minimum target of funding.
How contributions are going to be channeled to the project?
During the 40 days that the project is in the collection period, anyone can support it through a contribution made by credit card. The whole process is done by a payment gateway: PayPal or Caixa Catalunya. Neither the author nor Verkami have access to your bank details.
The available graphic work consists of three originals, which I authored; all in 50 x 70 made with coffee, bleach, watercolors and ink on paper 300 grams, with subject centered in the language graphology. The Patrons may choose one or another, in order of the contributions received, from the following works:
When the Patrons receive their rewards?
Between March 9 to 27, 2015