WHAT IS GG?
GG is a music project founded by members Gilmarí Gerena (Puerto Rico) and Gerson Gelabert (Barcelona), born in 2008 and rooted in our desire to express our passion for music together. Both of us being singer-songwriters, we decided to put ourselves together to compose and arrange our own songs.
Thanks to Proyectos de Conciencia, who have supported us from the beginning, we presented our songs for the first time in October 2009 in duet; since then we have gone through different formations (trio, quartet, and with invited musicians). Working non-stop, we have reached this presentation of our first production, made up of arrangements developed for other types of musical formations and pursuing a different sound.
Our musical style is mainly Neo Soul in Spanish, although some tracks contain reggae and world-music (without straying too much from the inherent styles of Neo Soul: soul, funk, jazz, among others...). All of the compositions are original, with positive lyrics that talk about human values and personal experiences, and a strong vocal presence. Our band consists of a quartet formation with plans for eventual growth. As band members we have Joan Gerard Torredeflot in the bass and José Luis Garrido at the drums.
In July of this year, we participated in a musical group competition called Fira de la Música de Cardedeu 2012 where we won first place, giving us a last push to finish recording this past September.
Remember to visit our website: www.ggmusica.com
(It will be in English soon…)
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
This album is the beginning of a journey that we have set out on together, therefore we see this platform offered by Verkami as an important opportunity, accompanying us on this process in a serious, committed and direct way.
Through you, we would like to finance the rest of the project process, from the final steps of our album to the first copies; specifically the Mixing, Mastering, and printing costs. Also, we would like to pay a small amount of money to the people helping and supporting us with the CD photography and website.
WHAT DO WE HAVE UP UNTIL NOW?
• In our house we have a small home studio where little by little we have recorded the most part of the instruments (drum kit, bass, keyboard and guitar) of the 10 tracks. During a trip to Puerto Rico, we recorded various other instruments in Victor Echevarría Cruz's Music Studio (percussion and Puerto Rican quartet); in Cardedeu, in the Tot Sona studios, we collaborated with Àlex Martínez (piano, consulting, etc.); and also with Carles Punti and Juan Pe (ASMUCA) in Kcleta Studios in Cardedeu we finished recording all vocals and wind instruments.
• While recording we have had the privilege to collaborate with grand musicians such as: : Alex Martínez, Victor Echevarría, Omar ‘Pooh’ Soto, Gabriel Amargant, Leonardo Torres, Albert Costa and Oriol Guillén.
• Currently we are mixing with Carles Punti in the new installations at Kcleta.
• We are scheduled to make various presentations of the album beginning in December with numerous dates this coming year, of which two are taking place at the Nau B1 in Granollers and at the Espai Tot Sona in Cardedeu.
• We are currently looking for an editing house and managers.
• We have all of the work finished and we will start the distribution of the music in December. The album will be available online on our website and also be available for purchase on different web pages.
• Here we'll leave you fragments of three tracks of the album QUIERO HABLAR (*I WANT TO SPEAK*), it is a pre-mixing, which means that the mixing isn’t finished yet. We hope you enjoy it!
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN?
In exchange for your economic collaboration on our project you will receive various things, including:
• The satisfaction of knowing that you are directly sponsoring artists without financial intermediaries, with guaranteed years of hard work and effort, and moreover the possibility of direct and continuous communication with us through the blog that Verkami has prepared on the project page.
• This guarantee is accompanied by compensation through exchange as ’Rewards’. Among these you will find: an autographed CD, tickets to the album presentation and other concerts, exclusively designed pins and t-shirts, acknowledgement on the website and in the music video, participation in a video spot, private concerts, DVDs, an unedited track and more.
• Above all, the most important compensation is our deep and profound gratitude, given that without you, the journey to finishing this project is much more ardent and slow.
WHAT HAPPENS IF WE RAISE MORE THAN THE AMOUNT REQUESTED, OR IF WE DON'T RAISE ENOUGH FUNDS?
If we raise more funds than the indicated quantity, it would be excellent! seeing as we would be able to cover other expenses we've accumulated over the period of this project (recording, CD designs, etc.), as well as being able to make a quality DVD of the album presentation maded by JalaJala, also invite other musicians to play with us that day, promotional expenses and start recording our second album that is already in composition process.
If we are not able to raise the total amount of requested funds by the end, no sponsors will be charged any of the amount pledged. Although that would be a pity, we will continue to work with GG regardless, just as we have been doing up until now in order to reach our goal sooner or later while still moving forward.
WHY SHOULD YOU SUPPORT US?
We believe that collective financing can demonstrate that together it is possible to complete an artistic project that is often difficult to finish because of a lack of resources. It is an initiative to finish a long project and a manner of giving way to new projects that are beginning to surface. We believe that we are deserving of your support, only if you agree and are able to provide such support, and if that is not possible, the distribution to others that may be able to assist us would also help us to complete our goal.
Thanks again, keep in touch!
Share the project with your friends
Eh! chicos!! esto parece que marcha!! Ánimo que cada vez quedan menos días :-D Seguiremos difucniendo. Os escribo para sugerir que pongáis un enlace hacia aquí y una explicación de esto del verkami en todos los vídeos que tenéis en youtube. Besooos! Eh! chicos!! esto parece que marcha!! Ánimo que cada vez quedan menos días :-D Seguiremos difucniendo. Os escribo para sugerir que pongáis un enlace hacia aquí y una explicación de esto del verkami en todos los vídeos que tenéis en youtube. Besooos!
Guapa!! Mil gracias por tu apoyo incondicional y toda tu fuerza!! Nos anima mucho cada día para seguir batallando!!! Gracias por la recomendación, está muy bien, lo haremos!! Besos y abrazos!!
GG's First Album: Quiero Hablar (I Want to Speak)
Primer Disco de GG: Quiero Hablar
Primer Disc de GG: Quiero Hablar (Vull Parlar)
Thanks!This crowdfunding campaign ended on December 8, 2012.
Pledging €56 PATRONS
Mention of appreciation on the website.
Pledging €1537 PATRONS
Mention of appreciation + An autographed CD delivered at the album presentation at la Nau B1 in Granollers (including free entry) or autographed and shipped (inside Spain) or high quality downloadable CD (if international).
Pledging €2522 PATRONS
Mention of appreciation + An autographed CD delivered at the album presentation (two tickets included) or autographed and shipped (inside or outside Spain) with two exclusively designed GG pins + Acknowledgement in a music video on Youtube.
Pledging €357 PATRONS
Mention of appreciation + An autographed CD delivered at the album presentation (two tickets included) or autographed and shipped + Acknowledgement in a music video on Youtube + Exclusively designed GG t-shirt.
Pledging €5010 PATRONS
Mention of appreciation + PACK QUIERO that includes: An autographed CD delivered at the album presentation (four tickets included) or CD autographed and shipped with two open tickets to any concert in Barcelona (travel expenses not included) (if you are located abroad and are unable to attend concerts: shipment of the DVD of the album presentation) + T-shirt + Two Pins + Acknowledgement in a music video.
Pledging €753 PATRONS
Mention of appreciation + PACK QUIERO + Mention as executive producer on the website and if you are a business, organization, association etc., a place for your logo on the website.
Pledging €1002 PATRONS
Mention of appreciation + PACK QUIERO + Mention as executive producer and a place for your logo on the website + Exclusive unpublished demo song (Email sended).
Pledging €1002 PATRONS
Mention of appreciation + PACK QUIERO + Mention as executive producer and a place for your logo on the website + Back stage entance before a concert to share with the band (travel expenses not included).
Pledging €1502 PATRONS
Mention of appreciation + PACK HABLAR that includes: Acknowledgement in a music video + 3 autographed CD delivered at the album presentation (six tickets included) or 3 CD autographed and shipped with four open tickets to any concert in Barcelona (travel expenses not included) (if you are located abroad and are unable to attend concerts: shipment of the DVD of the album presentation) + Participation in a music video (meal included, travel expenses not included) or if you are unable to travel for the filming, shipment of the exclusive 'making of' and video on DVD + T-shirt + Pin + Mention as executive producer and a place for your logo on the website (bigger size).
Pledging €2002 PATRONS
Mention of appreciation + PACK HABLAR + Private concert in duet: guitar and vocals (location TBA in or around Barcelona, accessible by public transportation) or private concert in duet over Skype or 30 minute streaming (Spanish time if abroad).
Pledging €4000 PATRONS
Mention of appreciation + PACK HABLAR (bigger size Logo + 3 t-shirts + 3 pins) + Exclusive and dedicated video, behind the scenes and album presentation concert on DVD + Private concert with the entire band over Skype or 30 minute streaming (Spanish time if abroad), or an invitation to the band's rehearsal in Barcelona (travel expenses not included).
Pledging €1,0000 PATRONS
Mention of appreciation + PACK HABLAR (biggest size Logo + 3 t-shirts + 3 pins) + Exclusive and dedicated video, behind the scenes and album presentation concert on DVD + Private concert with the entire band inside or around Barcelona, accessible by public transportation or if abroad, an exclusive and private concert with the entire band over Skype or streaming (Barcelona time), in both cases exclusively recorded and delivered on DVD + Special mention on GG's second album + Exclusive composition of a song, proposal of subject matter and general concepts, and active participation in the process.
Project blog (14)
18.01.2013Hola Mecenaaaasss!!! Os escribimos para informaros que el disco ya está de camino a la... read more
07.12.2012Hola queridos Mecenas!! ¡¡¡¡LO HEMOS CONSEGUIDO!!!!¡¡GRACIAS A VOSOTROS!!! Queremos agradecer... read more
02.12.2012Mecenas!! Queremos agradeceros todo el apoyo y les dejamos un nuevo video de un tema del disco en... read more